Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Mind-Numbing Tragedy

That's all I can really say about the tsunami in the Pacific. Reports are out that the death toll is now over 100,000. I just can't even conceive of something like that. You read all the history books about Pompeii and Krakatoa, but you can never really fathom that kind of devastation until it happens. Someone, maybe a reporter, said the word "biblical." While I'm loathe to encourage any kind of talk about this being a punishment for anyone, I can't say I disagree. There's a million people giving out numbers and websites and such for help in the relief effort. I'm sure you've seen them all, so I wont be redundant, but if you have the means at all, try to help. If you don't at least say a prayer, or (if you're not the praying kind) try to have some kind of psychic good thoughts for those affected.

No comments: