Thursday, August 12, 2004

We have liftoff

Okay, here we go. The test post apparently worked, so now I start posting in ernest. Welcome to my new 'blog. I used to have (actually I still have) another 'blog-like site that you can still read here:http://comedyjc.diaryland.com/. As you can see from that page, I'm a real stickler for timely, thought-provoking updates. This will be a combination of personal observation and political commentary, salted with what I hope will be sharp, pointed comedy. The reason I say hope is that, even after several years of traveling the professional stand-up comedy circuit, some things are still only funny to me.
Something you'll notice as you read my posts is that I'm rather left-leaning. What does that mean? Well, it certainly doesn't mean what talk radio would like you to believe it means. One thing that's always bugged me about conservative commentators and their respective adoring publics is that they've decided to frame the national debate based on what THEY say people like me believe, and then try to force us to defend it. Unfortunately, a lot of the time, we take the bait. The one thing I can promise you about this board is that you'll know I believe something WHEN I TELL YOU I DO. Nevermind what Rush and Hannity and O'Reilly tell you. When I say something, that's when you know.
I also promise to call bullshit when I see it from my own party. I'm more than willing to admit that there are folks on the left that can be just as hyper and shrill as some of those on the opposite side, and I'm sick of people trying to make me defend them too.
So there you go, about as much of a manifesto as I could muster at this point. I'll prolly change my mind more than once, but it's my damn 'blog, so I can do what I want. I can't imagine I'm talking to anyone but myself right now, but if you're reading this, I hope you enjoy it

2 comments:

Timmy Mac said...

When are you going to update this thing???

Curtin said...

Whenever I'm not writing stories about snipers.


POW!