Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Male Model, Me

So how cool is this? A couple weeks ago, I'm checking out one of the local comedians message boards, when I see a post asking me to get in touch with the fashion editor of the Improper Bostonian magazine. Last year, they did a fashion issue with Boston comics, including several friends of mine. The shots came out great, and one of my friends, Sam Walters, actually used his picture as the front page of his website (he's since changed it, but trust me, they made even HIM look pretty good). So you can guess my excitement at the prospect of getting really cool, professionally produced pics that I can maybe wrangle into a new headshot, and I don't have to pay for it! Sweeeeeeeeeet!

I called Samantha, and she told me that this year, the spread is going to be even better than last time. Hot Damn! I can't wait to hear this. So this time, they're going to pose us all as classic comedians, people like Lucy and the Marx brothers and such, and she thinks I'd make a great Oliver Hardy.

Oliver Hardy.

Of Laurel & Hardy.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

That was my first reaction. You know, because of the whole goofy-looking-fat-guy-in-a-Hitler-mustache thing. I was thinking glamour shot (shut up), and they were thinking wacky shenanigans.

Okay, well, I calmed down and came in off the ledge, and had a great time doing the shoot, which will be featured in the February 9th issue (Free on most any street corner in Boston. Sorry, Indiana!). It was a ton of fun, and I got to wear clothes from designers I've never heard of, which naturally means that I couldn't afford them in my life, so that was a bonus. Plus we got free pizza and beer. Beats working.

So thanks to Samantha House for calling me, and to whomever it was that suggested me for the shoot in the first place. I'm looking forward to people almost recognizing me on the street.

5 comments:

MissMargo said...

You of course realize that once you've mentioned hot ass photos of yourself, you have to post them. I'm sorry pal, that's just the way it goes.

Personally, if I had some professional taking phancy photos of my phine ass, they'd be on my blog faster than you could say "damn girl"

Curtin said...

Okay, did you not see the part where I said Oliver Hardy? Think bowler hat and Hitler mustache. If that's hot to you, then I gotta wonder about what Nebraska does to people.

MissMargo said...

Prairie winds were known to drive early pioneer women insane

Anonymous said...

I am so not touching the concept of you dressed up as Oliver Hardy being hot. That's just wrong! But if those photos are considered to be hot, I wonder what pictures from you back in the day would be?
El

Anonymous said...

wow,cool
that must have been fun.
I cant wait to see the pics..!