Friday, March 18, 2005

Note to Email Spammers

I know, you guys are all clever, with your subject lines like "Just following up," and "Here's that info you wanted," because more than once, I've thought to myself, "Hey, I must have asked someone for info, and there they are, nice enough to give it to me," or "Wow, a follow-up email, I'm going to get the name of this person's supervisor and write them a nice note." But, if the name of the sender is Zaphod Beeblebrox, I'm not opening it, and you've just wasted some server space, which is sure to make your IT guys mad, because those dudes are on a hair-trigger all the time anyway. If you're going to go phishing, at least have your resident hackers clone the names of some people I know, okay?
Spam better, folks. No kidding, it's not even a challenge any more.

1 comment:

Scott said...

What is this world coming to when we can't get decent spam? I blame it all on outsourcing.