Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hedberg Tributes

I didn't know Mitch personally, I never worked with him, and only really met him once, so I have no cool stories to tell, unfortunately. On the flipside, Mike Birbiglia and Tim McIntire do, so you should read them, because they're very good. In fact, even if I did have cool stories about him, I'd still recommend you read them first, because they're much better writers than I am. I know a lot of times, when someone relatively unknown to the world at large dies, there is a backlash about people calling them a genius or gifted or whatever. Please believe me when I tell you that Mitch deserves that kind of adulation. He was a very special kind of performer, and a rare one these days. He really was in it just to be funny, and in spite of that, he still managed to get industry attention.

No comments: