Friday, September 03, 2004

Start Asking Questions

Nick Confessore over at TAP Online ends this post with "Beware any sentence beginning 'John Kerry says...'". I think it's time to do more than just beware. I think it's time to start demanding people who start those sentences that way to put up or shut up. I know it'll never happen, but just once I'd like to see Wolf Blitzer or Judy Woodruff or George Stephanopolis ask someone: "Exactly when and where did John Kerry say this?" But none of them ever do. When people from the right goes on the air with outrageous accusations, out-of-context or just plain phony quotes, and they go unchallenged by the mainstream media, they might as well be reporting them as factual stories. I say it's time to make these people tell the truth and back up their bullshit.

No comments: