Friday, October 22, 2004

Thugs

That's the only word that reasonably describes the idiots and assholes whose behavior led to the death of a 21 year old girl who merely wanted to celebrate the Sox win the other night. Yeah, I do think the police bear some responsibility, however I don't think anyone will ever really know exactly how the whole thing went down. But the fact remains that if people weren't lighting cars on fire and smashing and destroying private property, no one would have felt the need to open fire (hopefully). I'm no big fan of Marshall Law, but I can almost see Mayor Menino's point about shutting things down during the World Series. And now we have no reason to complain about the crappy behavior on the part of Yankees fans in game 6.

1 comment:

MissMargo said...

I will never understand why in times of joy it becomes necessary to celebrate by destroying our towns and killing our friends.

I'm very sorry to hear of that girl.