Wednesday, October 27, 2004

What Do You Call 25 Guys Sitting Around Watching the World Series?

The New York Yankees (yeah I know, that joke's been making the rounds, but I just had to).
You know, I'm hearing the little voice in my head that says "Don't count your chickens...," but f*&k him. I've been waiting 35 years for this. I was there for '75, '78, '86, '99, and '03. My dad's been waiting 62 years. Tack on '46, '49, '67, etc. for him. All these omens people are passing around, like the last time they made the Series was 18 years ago in '86, and it's been 86 years since they last won it in 1918, that's all crap. The fact is, the Sox are playing like they want it and the Cardinals, well they just aren't. I am NOT expecting this to be a sweep, but so far they don't seem to be putting up much of a fight. Tonight's game should be fun, no mater the result.
And by the way. It's nice to see that fans of one team can welcom fans of another team into their city and treat them well, without it turning into a gang fight. Kudos to the St. Louis fans for being classy, REAL baseball fans. And don't think I don't know that there are plenty of folks in Boston that could take a cue from them.

3 comments:

MissMargo said...

Best of luck tonight Curtin! I watched last night and was impressed at how cool the Sox were even though they had tons to be excited about. I hope they win tonight... no more of this damn curse.

Best wishes for a good game and free flowing Guiness

Curtin said...

Thanks, yeah no more curse! Good lord, that was great, but it almost seemed too easy, like the Cardinals just kind of gave up after Suppan's baserunnng error. They just sort of resigned themselves to watching the Sox win it all.

Anonymous said...

ya funny,
how's bout me and the big unit hurt you?
Love, A-Rod