Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Great Expectations




Honest to God, I thought I'd own a house by now.  What I have is a two bedroom apartment and a cat.  I don't mind apartment living so much, really.  But that whole American dream thing of home ownership never left me, I guess.  I also thought I'd be making a lot more money doing something a lot more interesting than what I do all day.

*sigh*

I guess I get caught up all too often in what didn't happen for me, and wondering why.  There are so many things I wish I could do over again, but would any of them have made a difference?  Or would I still be where I am, wishing things were better, or easier, just once?

Just once, I'd like to not have to see the "Check Engine" light going on in my car because I have plenty of money to fix whatever the hell is wrong.

Just once, I'd like to not have to look at my books, CDs, DVDs, etcetera, and wonder "How much can I get for this?"

Just once, I'd like to not have people around me feel the need to say "It's okay, you'll get through this."

Just once, I'd like to feel like my life is stable and comfortable.  Like I'm not starting all over again.

Just once.

Kind of a downer today, sorry.  I swear I'm trying not to do that as much.

No comments: