Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Return of the Son of Stuff and Things

I think I may finally have found my sleep cocktail.  Last night, I took .5 mg of Ativan and 3 mg of Melatonin, and it seemed to work pretty well.  Finally!  Although the cat mewling at my door at 6 A.M. kinda ruined some of it, so I'm a little groggy for not getting the full night in.  But I think I'll keep trying this and see where that gets me.

Also, as of this morning, I'm down to 183 pounds.  That's 29 pounds down since December.  I had platteaued a bit, and even gained some back over Shamrockfest weekend, but I'm back on track and closer to my goal.  Actually, I don't really have a goal, I just want to be happy with where I am.  So far, I am, but I know I could do better.  And now that the St. Paddy's craziness is more or less over, I can get back to a regular gym routine.

The Prozac seems to have hit it's stride.  I definitely feel a lot clearer than I have in a while.  Now to see if any of the possible side effects rears it's ugly head.  I hope not, but I'm sure there's a way to deal with it if it does.  Hell, you'd think between two therapists and a physician, we could put our heads together and figure something out.  Better living through chemistry.

Still on the lookout for a CBT therapist.  The one my Psychiatrist recommended has a full dance card right now, so it's down the list I go.

Other than that?  Work, music, daughter, cat (not necessarily in that order).  And I'm seriously thinking about buying a mandolin when the funds allow.  Or a banjo.  That about covers it.  Oh, and the occasional meal.

No comments: