Monday, March 21, 2011

That Was the Week That Was...

As you might imagine, an Irish band tends to get busy in March.  This last week was a whirlwind, from Washington, D.C. to Boston to Lebanon, New Hampshire to Mount Snow in Vermont to Portland, Maine to Cambridge, Mass and then to South Boston for the St. Patrick's Day parade, with a private house party somewhere in there for good measure.  I think it's safe to say that the amount of Guinness consumed in the last nine days would have quenched the thirst of Australia.  I'll take responsibility for Brisbane.  Forget college hoops, the Gobshites are the real March Madness.

And yet, as of this morning, I'm down to 184 pounds.  Seems kind of incredible, given all the debauchery.  But then again I have been getting my aerobic workouts in courtesy of the drum kit, so I guess everything sort of evens out.

Nothing new to report on the depression/ADHD/medication front, as everything seems to be working as intended, and I'm looking into the CBT thing.  And even though I am saddened by recent events in my life, I have an incredible network of family and friends offering me all the love and support that they can.  I've even made one or two new friends in the last couple of weeks that have stepped up and been fantastic.  My spirits were further bouyed this weekend when my daughter's financial aid package came through.  With the exception of one small loan, she's got enough in grants and scholarships to pay for the full year, housing included.  That is a HUGE weight off my mind.

So, doing, being, working, playing, living.  It's all I can do right now.

No comments: