Thursday, April 07, 2011

Checking In and Stuff and Things and...

So as of the other day, I'm down 30 pounds now.  My clothes are starting to look baggy, which is not a bad problem to have, but I need to go clothes shopping soon.  I have a feeling my Kohl's charge is going to get quite a workout.  I also might need to get a second job.  I haven't been able to find a new roommate yet, so I'm going to be on the hook for the full amount of the rent starting next month.  The upside is that I can finally get rid of my storage space, which will free up a couple hundred bucks a month.  And maybe I can sell off some of the books, comics, and old vynyl that I have in there, which would help too.  I think I can do it.  I really don't have much choice.  So if anyone out there wants to pay me money a couple nights a week to do something not very strenuous, I'm available.

I only briefly wrote about my debut as a lead singer last weekend.  I have to say, I had a blast doing that.  I think it helped that it was at a loft party, and not in a club setting.  Everyone there was there to have a good time and party, so the atmosphere was pretty loose.  Nobody even cared when I forgot some of the lyrics and had to refer to the sheets I brought up with me.  Like taking up the tin whistle, it's something that takes me far out of my comfort zone, even though I know I can sing well.  People are often shocked to find that, off stage, I'm pretty shy and reserved for the most part, because I'm pretty animated on stage, and singing was no different.  I hope we do some more shows.  And settle on a name.

Gobshites will be at Finnegan's Pub in Hudson, Mass this Saturday.  9 P.M. start.  Bring your dancing shoes and your drinking socks.  I don't know if I'm on drums or whistle yet, so I'm bringing everything.

No comments: