Monday, April 04, 2011

A Post About...Um...

Yeah, I'm kind of drawing a blank here.  I know I need to do this as much as I can, if for no other reason than to keep my writing skills sharp and assure everyone that I haven't dropped back into the black hole.  But man, if only I had something to say today.  I even went online and did a search for blog post ideas.  Every page had vague suggestions like "Take a stand on an issue," or "Write something humorous."  Great, thanks for the advice, oh wise and sage blog gurus.  My mind is now absolutely brimming with inspiration.

I guess all writers get like this at times, so I know I'm not unique in having "The Block."  It's frustrating, but whatever.  My weekend was...good.  Lot's of fun activity Friday (see last post), some more on Saturday, and then a lazy boring Sunday filled with errands and chores and lot's of TV watching with the cat.  I can tell you that I watched my daughter take part in her last High School Show Choir competition on Saturday night, and the kids blew the roof off the place and won best vocals, best show, best instrumental, and Grand Champion.  She's got her Senior vocal recital this Friday night, and I'm really looking forward to that.  She's a supremely talented kid.  I know I'm supposed to say stuff like that because I'm her dad, but even people who aren't obligated to gush over her tell me that.

My side band still doesn't really have a name.  Then again, who knows when we're going to play another show?  So I guess it's not really all that urgent.  I'm alternating between drums and whistle with the Gobshites lately.  And I'm kind of fixated on saving up for either a mandolin or a banjo.  But first I have to refurnish my apartment.  I did manage to score a new kitchen table and chairs (well, new to me).  So there's that.

Pretty boring, I know.  At least it's not about going to the hospital again.  Because that would mean I'd have had to go to the hospital, and I've done that plenty lately, thank you very much.

Mahalo.  And Excelsior!

No comments: