Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Check-In

So I seem to have plateaued a bit at 180 pounds for now.  That's fine with me.  If I never lose another pound, I'm still pretty happy with where I am.  Now if I could just get back into that gym routine...

The Gobshites have been fairly inactive the last few weeks.  Recovering from St. Paddy's...still...and gearing up for Memorial Day weekend in the Catskills.  My other band (which still remains nameless) hasn't done anything since that first gig.  Hopefully more from that soon.

Easter was nice.  To my suprise, we got baskets.  I had kind of figured we weren't doing that anymore, but there it was, a basket for me full of Hershey almond bars, which were promptly tossed in my freezer when I got home.  Add to that some more time with my daughter and brunch with our extended family, and then going home to watch the Red Sox sweep the Angels, and getting a suprise gift of an aloe plant and a very old and awesome book on Irish oratory and a crystal that will help me sleep sounder at night, and I'd call it a successful Easter.  The only hitch in the day was when I came to the realization that not all supermarkets were open yesterday.  At least my local one wasn't.  So breakfast this morning consisted of a couple of peanut butter granola bars from my desk at work, and lunch came courtesy of an Oscar Meyer Lunchable.  All those delicious grams of saturated fat really hit the spot.  Tonight, I shop, tomorrow, I eat better.  The rest of the week will be spent moving stuff out of storage and into my spare room, and then trying to sell all that crap somewhere.

The cat has become a backup alarm clock for me.  If I'm not up at my usual 5 A.M., he sits out in front of my bedroom door and starts mewling at the top of his furry lungs.  Mostly, he just wants to get up on the blanket and root, but I like to think that somewhere in there is a small shred of concern for my well-being.

So things are changing, for the better and the worse, but here I am.  Still looking for a second job and someone to take pity on my car.  I was only half joking about that stuff, you know.

Aloha (means goodbye...)

No comments: