Friday, April 08, 2011

Decisions, Pride, and a Drop of the Pure (And Only a Drop!)

So yeah, I think I've made the decision to try and just keep the apartment on my own.  That may be easier said than done, but the truth is, I really don't want to share it with someone else right now.  I've almost always lived with other people, rarely on my own.  So maybe this would be a good time to do that.  It'll be tight, and almost certainly involve a second job, but I think it'll be worth it.  I've got the cat for company, and a place to entertain friends if I so choose.  And as much as I can, I'm trying to turn a negative into a positive.  And I'm buying a few extra scratch tickets too...

Tonight is my daughter's Senior vocal recital.  Most years, recitals involve literally dozens of kids of varying levels singing or playing the piano.  This time around, it's just her and another girl and their instructor.  Recitals can be torturous, because you've got to be there for at least two hours, and really, I'm only interested in seeing one person.  I'm not saying everyone else is bad, but come on, MY little snowflake is way more important to me than yours.  So she'll be doing about ten songs tonight, and one or two duets with the other girl and her instructor.  I predict this will be right at the top of my favorite concerts of the year.  Yes, even better than Me First and the Gimme Gimmes at the Paradise.

Still no idea if I'm drumming or whistling tomorrow night with the Gobshites at Finnegan's in Hudson, Mass.  One thing I wont be doing is drinking all that much.  We're going up to visit Salem State University on Sunday morning, and leaving around 7AM.  No way I'd be able to do that with a snoot full.  I'm trying to pull back on that now anyway, as I'm getting dangerously close to the red zone with alcohol.  So if I can manage to tone it way down at a Gobshites show, I can pretty much do it anywhere (as anyone who's ever been to see us can attest).  Anyone who sees me drinking more than three beers tomorrow night has my permission to yell at me.

No comments: