Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Woe Ain't Me

So I was browsing through some of my old posts this morning for no particular reason, and it struck me that I used write about fun things a lot more.  I think I'm starting to let these issues I'm dealing with take over, at least in my writing.  I don't want to do that.  At all.  Because it's not like I haven't found any enjoyment lately.  There have been plenty of good times mixed in with the sadness.  I've still got my friends, family, my wonderful daughter, new friends.  I've gotten support from unlikely sources.  I'm in two bands.  I've got a funny and entertaining cat.  And my beloved Boston Bruins are tearing through the post-season like...um...a bunch of hockey players in a china shop.

I have gifts, and I have blessings.  I have sorrow, but I have much to take solace in.  I have a network of folks who only want to help me get better and get a handle on my mental health issues (Well, it's not the only thing they want to do, but it's the only thing they want for me, anyway.  They have lives too.).  I wrote before about the possibility of getting back on a standup stage somewhere.  I think that may still be a little ways off.  After all, comedy is pain plus time, and I'm still in the time, so things are a little too raw to try and make jokes.  At least in public.

My search for extra income is proving a little more difficult than I first thought it would be, but I'm still working on it, and working with my landlord to make sure we're both happy with me staying there.  Money is very, very, very (very) tight right now, but I'm dealing with it.  At least I haven't turned to knocking over lemonade stands yet.

And speaking of fun things, the Gobshites are in Worcester this Friday at the Grey Hound Pub in Kelley Square.  We haven't played there in a long time, but it's a great bar, and there will be a decent crowd out to see us, or so I'm told.  Come be one of them!

No comments: