Sunday, February 20, 2011

Stuff and Things

So first, a quick check-in.  Down to 190 as of this morning.  That's 22 pounds since December.  Yeah.

I can't really tell about the Prozac just yet.  It's only been a little over a week, so I guess there's still time to figure that out.  But things do seem a little bit sharper.  That's a good thing, anyway.

I tried melatonin last night, and the results are mixed so far.  I slept pretty well, but my internal clock is set to about five in the morning, so that's when I woke up.  Probably didn't help that I took the pill at about midnight.  We'll try again tonight, but earlier.

The Gobshites played RiRa in Portland, Maine this past Friday.  What a great city.  I used to go up there a lot for comedy, and haven't been in a while.  This weekend was the Great Guinness Toast.  Like we needed an excuse to go play somewhere.  Basically, this is the start of our busy season, as you might imagine.  We'll be back up there on St. Patrick's Day, playing from 9-Close.  This weekend, we're opening for our pals Black 47 at Clinton Town Hall in Clinton, Massachusetts.  The event is called Rock Your Irish, and the proceeds go to support the Polus Center for Social and Economic Development and their work on behalf of people with developmental disabilities.  Definitely come dow if you can.  It's a great cause, and a Gobshites/Black 47 show is an event, to be sure.

That's it for today.  I'll try and think of something witty and insightful for President's Day.

No comments: